STAY & SAIL THE HUDSON RIVER
Experience the Hudson River, combining a unique vantage point from both land and sea.
The Hudson Valley truly has it all!
We invite you to experience the best of what our area has to offer.
Ulster County is the center for arts and culture in the Hudson Valley, with music and film festivals and the many outdoor art exhibits throughout our neighboring towns.
- Visit historic estates along the Hudson River.
- Explore thousands of miles of scenic hiking and rail trails.
- Plan to attend annual events like the Saugerties Garlic Festival, Sheep and Wool Festival or the well attended Craft and County Fairs.
- Kingston's role as the most important port between New York and Albany in the 19th century made it the logical place to establish a Hudson River maritime museum and each year there are many vessels from around the world that stay over at the museum docks.
- Plan a day to peruse The Rondout, Kingston's Historic Waterfront, where you can visit the maritime and trolley museums, tour the Rondout Lighthouse, hop aboard the trolley and travel out to Kingston Point Beach and Rotary Park, enjoy a delicious meal at one of the many riverfront restaurants, shop for antiques or walk the riverfront promenade, touring visiting tall ships or just watching all the boat activity at the city marina and museum docks.
With so much to see and do in our area, plan on visiting for a few days and you'll soon want to plan your return trip to come back and see what you missed!
Stay in a nearby water front home or at a convenient Bed and Breakfast and expect to be pampered with some of the region's finest dining and deluxe accommodations. Spectacular views of our majestic Hudson River will transport you to another place in time. We work closely with exclusive properties and establishments to offer you a discounted rate for your stay. When making reservations, mention that you are also planning to sail with Ophira Sailing during your stay and you will receive your discount!
Sail the Hudson Like Never Before.
Ophira Sailing offers unique and memorable experiences on the water.
Come aboard Ophira's 30 foot Ericson+, Wind Dance.
If you are drawn to be near the water, then you'll love being out on the river!
The thrill of filling the sails, and being powered by wind alone, is an experience you won't soon forget!
Departing from the Rondout Yacht Basin in Connelly, NY, our 3 hour charters are a wonderful way to view our beautiful Kingston waterfront, much of the Rondout Creek and Rondout Lighthouse and learn about our deep maritime history that surrounds the Hudson River.
Our Hudson Valley is a sight to behold from the sailor's perspective, Come Sail Away With Us!
3 hour chartered sails can accommodate up to 6 passengers
Rondout Yacht Basin
102 1st Street
Connelly NY 12417
Cost of 3 hour sail: $60/per person; $360/per charter
Click below, check calendar and send booking request!